- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 312
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Blueberry Bakewell muffins Recipe
Blueberry Bakewell muffins is a Muffin recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar and large egg.
- Milk - 2 tbsp milk
- Natural Yogurt - 140g natural yogurt
- Butter - 100g unsalted butter, softened, plus 1 tbsp, melted, for greasing
- Plain Flour - 250g plain flour
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- Ground Almond - 2 tbsp ground almonds
- Golden Caster Sugar - 140g golden caster sugar
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Large Egg - 2 large eggs
- Flaked Almond - 3 tbsp flaked almonds, roughly chopped
- Blueberry - 125g pack blueberries (or use frozen)
- Almond Extract - 1 tsp almond extract
- Demerara Sugar - 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- Cold Butter - 1 tbsp cold butter diced
- Blueberry Conserve - 12 tsp wild blueberry conserve (I used Felix wild blueberry jam, available from ocado.com)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Put all the topping ingredients, apart from the jam, in a bowl and rub together.
- Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat in for 1 min, then mix in the yogurt, extracts and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarb in a bowl with 1/4 tsp fine salt, then tip this into the wet ingredients and stir in. Finally, fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Top each muffin with 1 tsp blueberry jam, then scatter over the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 5 mins, then reduce oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and bake for 15-18 mins more until risen and golden, and a cocktail stick inserted in comes out with just jam on it - no wet cake mixture.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then carefully lift out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container - after a day or two, pop them in the microwave for 10-15 secs on High to freshen up.