- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 858
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 108g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
Brazil nut burritos
- brazil-nut - 50g Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- kale - large handful kale, woody stalks removed and leaves shredded
- lime - 1 lime, juiced
- tortilla-wraps - 4 large or 8 small wholemeal tortilla wraps
- coriander - 1/2 pack coriander
- spiced-tomato-rice - spiced tomato rice (see our recipe)
- refried-beans - refried beans (see our recipe with Brazil nuts)
- yellow-pepper - 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- avocado - 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- hot-sauce - hot sauce, to serve
- cream-cheese - 150g cream cheese
- milk - 50ml milk
- Before making the burritos, you will need to cook thespiced tomato riceandBrazil nut refried beans, then set aside.
- Now toast 50g Brazil nuts in a dry frying pan until golden and set aside. Meanwhile make a cheese dressing by whisking the cream cheese together with the milk until smooth, then cover and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Put the kale in a bowl and squeeze over half the lime juice. Scrunch together with your hands to soften the leaves a little.
- Lay out the tortilla wraps and divide everything between them, including the cheese dressing, hot sauce and remaining lime juice. Season to taste.
- Fold in the ends and roll them up into a tight, fat cylinder shape. You may find it easier to wrap in foil too, or toast them in a dry frying pan to lightly brown the burritos and seal in the fillings, if you like. Cut each one in half before serving.
Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has brazil nut, kale, lime, tortilla wraps, coriander, spiced tomato rice, refried beans, yellow pepper, avocado, hot sauce, cream cheese and milk.