- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 195
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Broccoli & potato croquettes
- potato - 400g floury potatoes, large ones cut in half
- broccoli - 150g broccoli, broken into florets
- egg-yolk - 1 medium egg yolk
- mature-cheddar - 40g mature cheddar, grated
- breadcrumbs - 60g fresh breadcrumbs
- plain-flour - 20g plain flour
- egg - 2 medium eggs, beaten
- sesame-seed - 100g sesame seeds
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- cream-cheese - 100g cream cheese
- natural-yogurt - 50g natural yogurt
- chive - 1 tbsp chives, snipped
- milk - 1-2 tbsp full-fat milk, if needed
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 14-16 mins until completely cooked through. Drain and mash well, then put back in the saucepan over a low heat and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring constantly - this will remove excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and simmer for 6-7 mins until tender. Drain really well and pat dry with kitchen paper (it's important to do this thoroughly as excess water will make the croquettes a little wet). Finely chop the broccoli, then add to the mashed potato with the egg yolk, cheese and breadcrumbs. Divide the mixture into 12 equal balls and roll each one into a short sausage shape. Chill for 10 mins in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, make the dip. Put the cream cheese, yogurt and chives in a bowl and stir to a soft consistency, adding the milk if needed.
- Put the flour, beaten eggs and sesame seeds in three separate bowls. Roll the croquettes in the flour, dip in the beaten egg, then roll in the sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the croquettes on a low-medium heat for 4-5 mins, turning frequently for an even, golden colour. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the cream cheese dip.
Party food recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has potato, broccoli, egg yolk, mature cheddar, breadcrumbs, plain flour, egg, sesame seed, olive oil, cream cheese, natural yogurt, chive and milk.