- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.89g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Bubble & squeak Recipe
Bubble & squeak is a Leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has duck, bacon and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Onion - 1 onion, finely sliced
- Potato - 400g cold leftover mashed potato, or cold crushed boiled potatoes
- Bacon - 4 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- Duck - 1 tbsp duck fat, goose fat or butter
- Brussels Sprout - 15-20 cooked Brussels sprouts, sliced, or leftover boiled cabbage, shredded
- Melt 1 tbsp duck fat, goose fat or butter in anon-stick pan, allow it to get nice and hot, then add 4 chopped streaky bacon rashers. As it begins to brown, add 1 finely sliced onion and 1 chopped garlic clove.
- Next, add 15-20 sliced cooked Brussels sprouts or shredded boiled cabbage and let it colour slightly. All this will take 5-6 mins.
- Add 400g cold mashed potato. Work everything together in the pan and push it down so that the mixture covers the base of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to catch slightly on the base of the pan before turning it over and doing the same again. It's the bits of potato that catch in the pan that define the term 'bubble and squeak', so be brave and let the mixture colour.
- Cut into wedges and serve.