- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 188
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- unsalted-butter - 100g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the baking sheet
- brown-sugar - 100g light soft brown sugar
- golden-syrup - 2 tbsp golden syrup
- self-raising-flour - 175g self-raising flour
- rice-krispies - 25g puffed rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- dark-chocolate - dark chocolate chips, for decoration
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and golden syrup until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and mix together, then fold through the puffed rice cereal. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place, well spaced, on a lightly buttered baking sheet. Decorate each ball with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden. Leave on the baking sheet for 1 min before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Valentine’s baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, self-raising flour, rice krispies and dark chocolate.