- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 8-10 (easily halved)
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 441
- Fat Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 27g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 2.3g
Campfire smoky bean brekkie
- olive - 4 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- rosemary-sprigs - 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- chipolata - 6 chipolatas
- cooking-chorizo - 12 small cooking chorizo, halved
- hot-dog-sausages - 6 good-quality smoked hot dog sausages, cut into large chunks
- onion - 2 onions, chopped
- passata - 500ml carton passata
- bbq-sauce - 300g good quality BBQ sauce (we used Stokes)
- borlotti-beans - 2 x 400g cans borlotti beans, drained
- haricot-beans - 2 x 400g cans haricot beans, drained
- egg - 8-10 eggs
- toast - toast, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan (ours was 45cm). Add the rosemary and sizzle for a minute or 2, then scoop it out to a plate and set aside. Add the chipolatas and brown all over, push to one side of the pan and add the other sausages. Cook for a few mins until the chorizo starts to release some of its oil, then push these aside too. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 8 mins.
- Add the passata, BBQ sauce and some seasoning, bring to a simmer and bubble for a few mins, then stir in the beans and bring everything back to a bubble.
- Using the back of a spoon, create little spaces in the beans and crack in the eggs, dotting them over the surface. Cover the pan with foil and cook gently for 10 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Top with the rosemary and serve with buttered toast and mugs of tea.
Family camping recipe for 8-10 (easily halved) people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive, rosemary sprigs, chipolata, cooking chorizo, hot dog sausages, onion, passata, bbq sauce, borlotti beans, haricot beans, egg and toast.