- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 333
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Cannellini bean & egg salad with crispy crumbs
- medium-egg - 2 medium eggs
- spring-onion - 8 spring onions, trimmed (remove the root and half of the dark green part)
- olive-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- wholemeal-bread - 1 slice wholemeal bread, broken into chunky breadcrumbs
- cannellini-bean - 400g can cannellini bean, drained and rinsed
- lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- dijon-mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- red-onion - 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- parsley - handful parsley, roughly chopped
- little-gem-lettuce - 1 Little Gem lettuce, roughly chopped
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 6 mins, or longer if you prefer them hard-boiled. Add the spring onions for the final 3 mins of cooking. Remove and run both under cold water. When cool enough to handle, pat the spring onions dry and peel the eggs.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Tip in breadcrumbs and season. Fry for 3-4 mins until crisp and golden, then set aside.
- Toss the spring onions with the beans, lemon juice, mustard, red onion, parsley, remaining oil and lettuce. Season and arrange halved boiled eggs on top. Sprinkle with the crumbs and eat straight away.
Healthy lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has medium egg, spring onion, olive oil, wholemeal bread, cannellini bean, lemon, dijon mustard, red onion, parsley and little gem lettuce.