- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 209
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Carrot & pecan muffins
- cannellini-bean - 2 x 400g can cannellini beans in water, drained
- ground-cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- porridge-oats - 100g porridge oats
- large-egg - 4 large eggs
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- maple-syrup - 4 tbsp maple syrup
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- orange - zest 1 large orange
- carrot - 170g carrot, coarsely grated
- raisins - 100g raisins
- pecan - 80g pecan halves, 12 reserved, the rest roughly chopped
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Tip the beans into a bowl and add the cinnamon, oats, eggs, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and orange zest. Blitz with a hand blender until really smooth - the beans and oats should be ground down as much as possible.
- Stir in the carrot, raisins, chopped pecans and baking powder, and mix well. Spoon into the muffin cases - use a large ice cream scoop if you have one, to get nice even muffins.
- Top each muffin with a reserved pecan and bake for 20 mins until set and light brown. Cool on awire rack. Will keep in the fridge for a few days, or freeze for 6 weeks; thaw at room temperature.
Muffin recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cannellini bean, ground cinnamon, porridge oats, large egg, rapeseed oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, orange, carrot, raisins, pecan and baking powder.