- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 401
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 46g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.24g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Chargrilled turkey with quinoa tabbouleh & tahini dressing Recipe
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomato, spring onion, parsley, coriander, olive oil, lemon, turkey, tahini paste, yogurt, lemon, garlic and honey.
- Yogurt - 1 1/2 tbsp low-fat yogurt
- Coriander - handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Cherry Tomato - 175g cherry tomato, halved
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp
- Spring Onion - 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Parsley - handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, cut into 1cm chunks
- Tahini Paste - 1 1/2 tbsp tahini paste
- Honey - 1/2 tsp clear honey
- Turkey - 4 turkey steaks
- Quinoa - 200g quinoa
- Garlic - 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- Tip the quinoa into a saucepan and pour over 600ml water. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer until the water has evaporated (just as you'd cook rice) - about 20 mins. Take off the lid and leave to cool while you prepare the turkey and salad.
- Tip the cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions and herbs into a large mixing bowl. Pour over 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice, season well and mix everything together.
- Heat agriddle panand, when smoking hot, rub the turkey steaks with 1 tsp olive oil. Cook for about 5 mins on each side, depending on thickness. Stir together all the dressing ingredients along with 3 tbsp water. Toss the quinoa together with the salad and arrange on plates. Cut the turkey into thick slices, pile up on the quinoa and drizzle over the dressing.