- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 425
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 3.03g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Cheese & bacon lasagne Recipe
Cheese & bacon lasagne is a Freezable family recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has onion, olive oil and oregano.
- Parmesan - 50g grated parmesan
- Basil Leaf - 20 basil leaves, roughly torn, plus extra to serve if you like
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes in rich juice
- Milk - 600ml milk
- Butter - 50g each butter and plain flour
- Oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- Nutmeg - generous grating fresh nutmeg
- Bacon - 300g pack lean smoked back bacon, chopped
- Lasagne - 250g pack fresh egg lasagne (check pack for cooking instructions)
- Fry the onions in the oil for about 15 mins until golden. Add the oregano and bacon and fry for 5 mins more, stirring frequently. Tip in the tomatoes, season and bubble uncovered for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, make the white sauce. Pour the milk into a pan and tip in the butter and flour. Whisk continuously over a moderate heat to incorporate the flour, then simmer, stirring until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spoon a third of the tomato sauce on the base of a lasagne dish. Top with a third of the lasagne sheets. Then top with a third sauce, a third lasagne, the last of the tomato sauce and finally the last sheets of lasagne. Pour over the white sauce and scatter with the cheese and an extra grating of nutmeg. Chill. If eating straight away, bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 40 mins until golden and bubbling. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a salad and garlic bread.
- To freeze, cool completely, then wrap in cling film, then foil. Will store for 3 months. To serve, thaw for 6 hrs in a cool place. Unwrap and bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 50-60 mins until thoroughly heated through.