- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 551
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Fat Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.96g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Cheese & tomato pasta bakes Recipe
Cheese & tomato pasta bakes is a Veggie pasta bake recipe for 12 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, pepper and garlic clove.
- Penne - 500g pack dried penne
- Garlic Clove - 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper - 1 bag small mixed peppers (about 7 peppers), deseeded and cut into large chunks
- Vegetable Stock - 450ml vegetable stock
- Milk - 1 1/2 l 2 3/4 pints milk
- Courgette - 500g large courgettes, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
- Olive - 290g jar pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- Butter - 140g butter
- Oregano - 2 tsp dried oregano
- Passata - 1l carton passata
- Bread - 85g hunk old bread, torn into small pieces
- Nutmeg - 1/4 whole nutmeg, finely grated
- Plain Flour - 140g plain flour
- Mature Cheddar - 300g mature cheddar, grated
- Button Mushroom - 500g pack large button mushroom, quartered
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan or wok, then stir-fry the peppers for 5 mins. Add the chopped garlic and mushrooms, and cook for 5 mins more.
- Pour in the passata and stock, then stir in the oregano, olives and courgettes with plenty of black pepper. Leave to simmer, stirring frequently, for 10-15 mins until the vegetables are just tender and the sauce has reduced a little. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- To make the cheese sauce, pour the milk into a large pan and add the butter, flour, nutmeg and seasoning. Heat, stirring or whisking all the time until smooth and thickened. Stir in half the cheese and allow it to melt into the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add to the tomato mixture. Pile into 2 or 3 baking dishes, pack down well, then pour over the cheese sauce (it helps to let the sauce cool and thicken a little before using so that it stays as a layer). Scatter with the remaining cheese and the bread.
- If eating now, bake at 200C/180C fan/ gas 6 for 40 mins until bubbling and golden. Serve with a salad.