- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 840
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fat Content: 71g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 2.3g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Cheeseboard souffle & seasonal salad Recipe
Cheeseboard souffle & seasonal salad is a Leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has butter, plain flour and milk.
- Egg - 4 eggs, separated
- Milk - 200ml milk
- Butter - 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- Cayenne Pepper - pinch cayenne pepper
- Creme Fraiche - 100ml double cream or creme fraiche
- Cheese - 300g leftover hard cheese, cut into chunks
- Nutmeg - grating of nutmeg
- Plain Flour - 25g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Salad Leaf - 110g bag salad leaf
- Nut - 50g leftover shelled nut
- Pear - 1 pear, sliced
- Goat'S Cheese - 100g leftover blue or goat's cheese, crumbled
- Salad Dressing - 3 tbsp salad dressing (use your favourite), to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt all the butter in a saucepan. Brush a 20cm souffle dish with a little of it, then dust with flour. In the saucepan, stir the flour into the rest of the melted butter, then sizzle everything for 1 min. Gradually pour in the milk to make a white sauce, then add two-thirds of the cheese and carry on cooking to melt. Leave to cool slightly, then mix in the remaining cheese, the cream or creme fraiche and the egg yolks. Season, then add the nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheese sauce, then carefully tip into the souffle dish. Bake the souffle for 25 mins until puffed up and golden.
- While the souffle is cooking, toss the salad ingredients together. Once the souffle is cooked, dress the salad and serve alongside.