- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 840
- Fat Content: 71g
- Saturated Fat Content: 40g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Sodium Content: 2.3g
Cheeseboard soufflé & seasonal salad
- butter - 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- plain-flour - 25g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- milk - 200ml milk
- cheese - 300g leftover hard cheese, cut into chunks
- creme-fraiche - 100ml double cream or creme fraiche
- egg - 4 eggs, separated
- nutmeg - grating of nutmeg
- cayenne-pepper - pinch cayenne pepper
- salad-leaf - 110g bag salad leaf
- goat's-cheese - 100g leftover blue or goat's cheese, crumbled
- nut - 50g leftover shelled nut
- pear - 1 pear, sliced
- salad-dressing - 3 tbsp salad dressing (use your favourite), to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt all the butter in a saucepan. Brush a 20cm souffle dish with a little of it, then dust with flour. In the saucepan, stir the flour into the rest of the melted butter, then sizzle everything for 1 min. Gradually pour in the milk to make a white sauce, then add two-thirds of the cheese and carry on cooking to melt. Leave to cool slightly, then mix in the remaining cheese, the cream or creme fraiche and the egg yolks. Season, then add the nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheese sauce, then carefully tip into the souffle dish. Bake the souffle for 25 mins until puffed up and golden.
- While the souffle is cooking, toss the salad ingredients together. Once the souffle is cooked, dress the salad and serve alongside.
Leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has butter, plain flour, milk, cheese, crème fraîche, egg, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salad leaf, goat’s cheese, nut, pear and salad dressing.