- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 362
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 23g
Cherry & almond tarts Recipe
Cherry & almond tarts is a Retro cake recipe for 12 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has puff pastry, self-raising flour and cherry.
- Butter - 100g butter, softened
- Self Raising Flour - 75g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- Ground Almond - 75g ground almond
- Golden Caster Sugar - 75g golden caster sugar
- Medium Egg - 2 medium eggs
- Flaked Almond - 25g flaked almond
- Icing Sugar - 100g icing sugar, sieved to decorate
- Almond Extract - 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Cherry - 12 rounded tsp morello cherry jam
- Puff Pastry - 375g pack all-butter puff pastry
- Madeira Cake - 75g plain sponge or madeira cake
- Very thinly roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Stamp out 12 x 9cm circles with a fluted cutter, if you have one, and use to line a bun tin. Spread 1 rounded tsp of the cherry jam in the bottom of each tart.
- Whizz the cake to crumbs in a food processor, then tip into a mixing bowl and add the flour, butter, ground almonds, caster sugar, eggs and almond extract. Beat together until smooth, then divide between the tarts, spreading a little with the back of a teaspoon to cover the jam. Scatter over the flaked almonds and openfreeze for 2 hrs, then wrap well in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 with a baking sheet in it. Unwrap the tarts from the freezer and loosely top with a sheet of foil. Bake on the heated baking sheet for 30-40 mins until golden, removing the foil halfway. Cool the tarts a little, then add a splash of water into the icing sugar to make a runny icing. Drizzle over the tarts and leave to set.