- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 600
- Carbohydrate Content: 75g
- Fat Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 0.83g
- Sugar Content: 65g
Cherry bakewell cake Recipe
Cherry bakewell cake is a Fruity cake recipe for 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar and ground almond.
- Egg - 4 large eggs
- Butter - 200g butter, well softened, plus extra for greasing
- Almond - 1/2 tsp almond extract or essence
- Self Raising Flour - 100g self-raising flour
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- Ground Almond - 100g ground almond
- Golden Caster Sugar - 200g golden caster sugar
- Water - 5-6 tsp water or lemon juice
- Flaked Almond - 1 tbsp ready-toasted flaked almonds
- Icing Sugar - 175g icing sugar
- Cherry - 1/2 a 340g jar morello cherry conserve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and make sure there's a shelf ready in the middle. Butter and line the bases of two 20cm round sandwich tins with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat together all the cake ingredients with a pinch of salt until smooth, then spoon into the tins and level the tops. Bake for 30 mins or until golden and springy. Don't open the oven before 25 mins cooking time has passed.
- When they're ready, cool the sponges for a few mins, then tip out of the tins and cool completely on a wire rack. Make sure the top of one of the cakes is facing up as you'll want a smooth surface for the icing later on.
- When cool, put one sponge on a serving plate, then spread with jam. Sandwich the second sponge on top. Sieve the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the water or lemon juice, then stir until smooth and thick. Spread evenly over the top and let it dribble over the sides. Scatter with the nuts and leave to set for a few mins before cutting.