- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 208
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Cherry oat squares with chocolate drizzle Recipe
Retro cake recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, self-raising flour, caster sugar, porridge oat, egg, glace cherry and dark chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate - 50g dark chocolate
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Butter - 140g butter, melted, plus extra butter for the tin
- Caster Sugar - 175g caster sugar
- Self Raising Flour - 100g self-raising flour
- Porridge Oat - 175g porridge oat
- Glace Cherry - 100g glace cherry, halved
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line the base and sides of a 22cm square cake tin: cut 2 strips of baking parchment the width of the tin and longer than the base and sides, and fit into the tin each way and up the sides. This will make lifting it out easier.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and oats in a bowl. Add the egg, melted butter and cherries, and mix well. Tip into the tin and spread evenly with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then carefully lift out using the paper and place on a board. Mark, but don't cut, 4 lines each way to make 16 squares. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 min, then drizzle over the squares. When the chocolate has set, cut the squares down the marked lines.