- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 617
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 83g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 49g
- Sodium Content: 2.01g
- basmati-rice - 300g basmati rice
- butter - 25g butter
- onion - 1 large onion, finely sliced
- bay-leaf - 1 bay leaf
- cardamom-pod - 3 cardamom pods
- cinnamon-stick - small cinnamon stick
- turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- curry-paste - 4 tbsp curry paste (we used Patak's balti paste)
- raisin - 85g raisins
- chicken-stock - 850ml chicken stock
- coriander - 30g coriander, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 leaves picked and 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Soak 300g basmati rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear.
- Heat 25g butter in asaucepanand cook 1 finely sliced large onion with 1 bay leaf, 3 cardamom pods and 1 small cinnamon stick for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle in 1 tsp turmeric, then add 4 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks, and 4 tbsp curry paste. Cook until aromatic.
- Stir the rice into the pan with 85g raisins, then pour over 850ml chicken stock.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to a hard boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 mins. Stir well, mixing through 15g chopped coriander. To serve, scatter over the leaves of the remaining 15g coriander and 2 tbsp toasted almonds.
All-time top 20 recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has basmati rice, butter, onion, bay leaf, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, turmeric, chicken breast, curry paste, raisin, chicken stock and coriander.Add to Favourites