- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 834
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 90g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 63g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
Chicken & chorizo rice pot
- oil - 1 tbsp oil
- chicken - 8 chicken pieces or 1 whole chicken, jointed
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- chorizo - 225g chorizo, skinned and sliced
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- thyme-leaf - 1 tbsp thyme leaf, chopped
- white-wine - 150ml white wine
- chicken-stock - 850ml chicken stock
- long-grain-rice - 400g long grain rice
- parsley - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and brown the chicken pieces on all sides - you may have to do this in batches. Remove from the dish and put to one side.
- Lower the heat, add the onion and pepper, and gently cook for 10 mins until softened. Add the garlic and chorizo, and cook for a further 2 mins until the chorizo has released some of its oils into the dish. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for 1 min more.
- Return the chicken pieces to the dish along with the thyme, white wine and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil, cover the dish with a tight-fitting lid and lower the heat. Cook for 30 mins.
- Tip in the rice and stir everything together. Cover, set over a low heat and cook for a further 15 mins, or until the rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the cooking liquid. Remove from the heat and leave the dish to sit for 10 mins to absorb any remaining liquid. Season to taste and scatter with parsley to serve.
Spanish recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has oil, chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic clove, chorizo, tomato purée, thyme leaf, white wine, chicken stock, long grain rice and parsley.