- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 378
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.11g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Chicken fricassee with new potatoes & asparagus Recipe
Dairy-free recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has groundnut oil, back bacon, chicken breast, new potato, asparagus spear, cider, cornflour, soya dream and flatleaf parsley.
- Chicken Breast - 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- Flatleaf Parsley - 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- New Potato - 700g new potato, thickly sliced
- Groundnut Oil - 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp cornflour, blended with a little water
- Asparagus Spear - 250g asparagus spear, trimmed and diagonally sliced (keep tips whole)
- Back Bacon - 4 lean smoked back bacon rashers, chopped and rind removed
- Cider - 225ml dry fruity cider (or 1/2 a can)
- Soya Dream - 250ml carton Soya Dream
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the bacon for 5 mins on a medium heat until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan, then lightly fry for 4-5 mins to brown on both sides (you may need to brown the chicken in two batches if your pan is not large enough).
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for 10 mins or until tender. Cook the asparagus in a steamer over the potatoes for 6-8 mins or microwave in a covered dish with 2 tbsp water for 4-5 mins.
- Pour the cider over the chicken, bring to the boil then reduce heat. Put the bacon back in the pan and simmer for 10-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the cornflour paste until lightly thickened, then add the Soya Dream and season. Stir in the drained vegetables and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.