- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 424
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Chicken laksa Recipe
Chicken laksa is a Healthy noodle recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chicken, coriander seed and ginger.
- Coriander - handful coriander, chopped (leaves and stalks kept separate)
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Red Chilli - 3 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- Spring Onion - bunch spring onions, sliced
- Mint - handful mint leaves, chopped
- Chicken - 1 medium chicken, jointed into pieces and skinned
- Lime - zest and juice 1 lime
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- Ginger - 3cm piece ginger, sliced
- Fish Sauce - 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Coriander Seed - 1 tbsp coriander seed
- Coconut Milk - 200ml light coconut milk
- Lemongrass - 2 lemongrass stalks, crushed
- Rice Noodle - 300g cooked rice noodle
- Put the chicken in a large saucepan with the coriander seeds, ginger, lemongrass, lime zest and a little salt. Add enough cold water to cover, slowly bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, gently poaching the chicken for 40 mins until it starts to fall away from the bone.
- Carefully lift the chicken onto a plate and cover with foil. Leave the stock to stand for 10 mins, skim off any excess fat and strain into a clean saucepan. Pull the chicken from the bones and tear into chunks.
- Bring the stock back to the boil, then add the fish sauce, soy, coconut milk, garlic, chillies and coriander stalks. Simmer for 2 mins, return the chicken to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins until warm. Add the spring onions and lime juice to taste.
- Divide the noodles between 6 bowls, then use a slotted spoon to lift the chicken and veg into each. Season the stock and pour over. Scatter with coriander and mint leaves, and serve with a drizzle of sesame oil, if you like.