- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 488
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chicken & pomegranate bulgur pilaf
- oil - a little oil
- chicken-thigh - 8 chicken thigh fillets, skin and bones removed, each cut into 2-3 pieces
- ras-el-hanout - 2 tbsp ras-el-hanout or Moroccan tagine spice mix
- chicken-stock - 500ml hot chicken stock
- bulgur-wheat - 350g bulgur wheat
- pomegranate - 2 x 100g tubs pomegranate seeds
- mint - bunch mint, chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
- Heat a little oil in a large casserole dish (with a tight-fitting lid). Coat the chicken pieces with some seasoning, and half of the spice mix and add to the pan, brown well on all sides.
- Add the remaining spice mix and cook for 1 min. Pour over the stock, season and stir, then cover and cook for 25 mins over a low-medium heat.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to a medium simmer and add the bulgur wheat. Cook for 10 mins, then re-cover, turn off the heat and leave to stand for a further 10 mins.
- When all the liquid has been absorbed and the bulgur wheat is tender, stir through the chopped mint and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.
500 calorie meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has oil, chicken thigh, ras-el-hanout, chicken stock, bulgur wheat, pomegranate and mint.