- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 234
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Chicken tikka skewers
- yogurt - 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt
- curry-paste - 2 tbsp hot curry paste
- chicken-breast - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- cherry-tomato - 250g pack cherry tomatoes
- chapati - 4 wholemeal chapatis, warmed, to serve
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- coriander - handful chopped coriander leaves
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- lamb's-lettuce - 50g pack lamb's lettuce or pea shoots
- Put 8 wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak. Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in a bowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hr or so). In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the pre-soaked skewers. Cook under a medium grill for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Stir the lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide between 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 chicken tikka skewers and serve with the warm chapatis.
Healthy takeaway recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has yogurt, curry paste, chicken breast, cherry tomato, chapati, cucumber, red onion, coriander, lemon and lamb’s lettuce.