- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 283
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.35g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Chilli chicken curry Recipe
Chilli chicken curry is a Healthy one-pot recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has onion, root ginger and garlic clove.
- Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder or 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Coriander - 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Onion - 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 230g can chopped tomatoes
- Natural Yogurt - natural yogurt, to serve
- Chicken - 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3cm chunks
- Potato - 350g potato, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- Root Ginger - 3cm root ginger, roughly chopped
- Cumin Seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Blitz the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor with 1 tbsp water until smooth.
- Fry the cumin seeds in oil for a few seconds. Add the onion paste and brown over a medium heat. Add a dash of water if it starts to catch.
- Sprinkle in the turmeric and chilli. Add the tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes and 250ml/9fl oz hot water. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and garam masala. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Season with salt. Tip into a bowl, scatter over coriander and serve with flavoured rice and natural yogurt.