- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 188
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
Chinese steamed bass with cabbage
- sea-bass - 2 sea bass, or other white fish fillets
- red-chilli - 1 green or red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ginger - 1 tsp fresh root ginger
- green-cabbage - 300g green cabbage, finely shredded
- sunflower-oil - 2 tsp sunflower oil
- sesame-oil - 1 tsp sesame oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- soy-sauce - 2 tsp low salt soy sauce
- Sprinkle the fish with the chilli, ginger and a little salt. Steam the cabbage for 5 mins. Lay fish on top of the cabbage and steam for a further 5 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oils in a small pan, add the garlic and quickly cook, stirring until lightly browned. Transfer the cabbage and fish to serving plates, sprinkle each with 1 tsp of soy sauce, then pour over the garlicky oil.
200 calorie meal recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has sea bass, red chilli, ginger, green cabbage, sunflower oil, sesame oil, garlic clove and soy sauce.