- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 10 - 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 538
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 39g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 31g
Chocolate brownie trifle Recipe
Chocolate brownie trifle is a New Year's Eve recipe for 10 - 12 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has custard, dark chocolate and brownie.
- Dark Chocolate - 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Double Cream - 500ml double cream
- Icing Sugar - 25g icing sugar
- Coffee - 3 tbsp coffee
- Custard - 500ml pot ready-made chilled custard (look for one with real vanilla)
- Brownie - 400g shop-bought chocolate brownies
- Malteser - 121g bag Maltesers
- Irish Cream Liqueur - 100ml Irish cream liqueur, plus 1 tbsp extra for soaking the brownies
- Put the custard and chocolate in a saucepan. Gently heat, stirring, until the chocolate has completely melted into the custard. Cover the surface with cling film to stop the custard forming a skin, then cool.
- Sit the brownies in a trifle bowl and mix together the coffee with the 1 tbsp Irish cream liqueur. Drizzle all over the brownies. Use a rolling pin or saucepan to gently bash the bag of Maltesers a few times to crush a little, then sprinkle about three-quarters over the brownies. Spoon the cooled chocolate custard all over the top, then cover and chill.
- Make the final layer by combining the cream and 100ml Irish cream liqueur in a bowl. Sift over the icing sugar, then whip until soft peaks form. Cover and chill until you're ready to serve.
- To serve, give the cream a quick mix, then spoon on top of the chocolate custard. Scatter over the last few crushed Maltesers to decorate.