- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 683
- Carbohydrate Content: 97g
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.63g
- Sugar Content: 79g
Chocolate fruitcake Recipe
Chocolate fruitcake is a Fruitcake recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, sugar and dark chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate - 100g dark chocolate (we used 80%) broken into chunks
- Egg - 3 eggs, beaten with a fork
- Sugar - 200g dark brown soft sugar
- Butter - 200g butter
- Self Raising Flour - 200g self-raising flour
- Ground Almond - 100g ground almonds
- Raisin - 250g raisins
- Cocoa - 3 tbsp cocoa
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mixed Spice - 1 tsp mixed spice
- Brandy - 75ml brandy
- Dried Cranberries - 100g dried cranberries
- Currant - 250g currants
- Sour Cherry - 100g dried sour cherries
- Peel - 100g mixed peel
- Put the butter, sugar, chocolate, brandy, vanilla and dried fruits into a large saucepan. Heat gently, stirring occasionally until everything has melted together. Remove from the heat.
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Line a deep cake tin, 20cm round or 18cm square, with a double layer of baking parchment. Wrap a few layers of newspaper around the outside and secure with string.
- Mix the flour, almonds, cocoa and spice together. Stir the eggs into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture in the saucepan, followed by the flour mixture. Scrape into your prepared tin and bake for 1 1/2 hrs- 1 hr 45 mins or until a skewer poked in comes out clean. Cool in the tin, then decorate (see 'Goes well with', right, for decoration ideas).Greaseproof-wrapped cake will keep for 2 months in an airtight container.