- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 363
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Chocolate peanut butter shortbread sandwiches
- icing-sugar - 150g golden icing sugar
- butter - 225g butter, at room temperature
- plain-flour - 300g plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- cocoa-powder - 55g cocoa powder, sifted
- icing-sugar - 300g golden icing sugar
- butter - 50g butter, at room temperature
- peanut-butter - 100g smooth peanut butter
- milk - 2-3 tbsp milk
- Put everything for the shortbread in afood processorwith a pinch of salt and pulse until the mixture comes together to form a dough. If it won't come together, take it out of the processor and bring it together with your hands. Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into a log about 5cm in diameter. Wrap in cling film and chill for 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 2. Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment. Cut the log into about 32 rounds 6mm thick and line them up on the sheets. Bake for 22-25 mins. Leave to cool a little, then carefully remove and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, blitz all the ingredients in a food mixer or beat with anelectric whisk, adding enough of the milk to make a soft mixture. Sandwich the shortbread together with the buttercream.
Biscuit recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has icing sugar, butter, plain flour, cocoa powder, icing sugar, butter, peanut butter and milk.