- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 212
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Chunky Mediterranean tomato soup
- onion - 400g frozen grilled vegetable mix (peppers, aubergine, onion, courgettes)
- garlic - 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- vegetable-stock - 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- ricotta - 50g ricotta per person, beaten with snipped chives and basil, spread on a slice of rye bread
- Heat a large non-stick pan, tip in half the vegetables and the garlic, and cook, stirring, over a high heat until they start to soften - about 5 mins. Tip in the basil, tomatoes, stock cube and 2 cans of water, then blitz with a hand blender to get the mixture as smooth as you can.
- Add the remaining frozen veg, cover the pan and cook for 15-20 mins more until the veg is tender. Ladle into bowls. Serve with the herby ricotta on rye bread.
Healthy Mediterranean recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has onion, garlic, basil leaf, chopped tomato, vegetable stock and ricotta.