- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 2.82g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Clam, chorizo & white bean stew Recipe
Clam, chorizo & white bean stew is a Spanish recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chorizo, onion and garlic clove.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - small bunch flat-leaf parsley, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 roughly chopped
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Sherry Vinegar - 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Butter Bean - 400g can butter beans or white beans, rinsed and drained
- Crusty Bread - crusty bread, to serve
- Chorizo - 50g chorizo, diced
- Stock - 200ml hot stock, fish or vegetable
- Clam - 600g clams, cleaned
- Fry the chorizo in a large frying pan with a lid, over a medium heat until it is starting to crisp up and release its oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until starting to soften. Then add the garlic and finely chopped parsley, and fry for 1 min more.
- Pour on the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then add the beans and sherry vinegar. Simmer for 10 mins until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Scatter over the clams, cover with the lid and steam for 2-4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally until the clams are open. Have a little taste before seasoning, as the clams can be quite salty. Then scatter over the chopped parsley. Eat with lots of crusty bread.