- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 197
- Fat Content: 0g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 48g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- egg-whites - 4 egg whites (choose large eggs)
- white-caster-sugar - 200g white caster sugar
- food-colouring-gel - black food colouring gel
- royal-icing - 200g stiff white royal icing (made according to packet instructions)
- coloured-sprinkles - coloured sprinkles
- lolly-sticks - lolly sticks
- cloud-template - cloud template (10cm x 8cm)
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas 1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw 6-8 clouds on each piece of parchment measuring about 10cm across by 8cm in height. Use a template as the left half of the cloud needs to be a mirror image of the right (or they won't match when they are sandwiched together). Then, turn the parchment over so the pencil marks don't come into contact with the meringue.
- Whiskthe egg whites until stiff, then gradually whisk in the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy. Add in the black food colouring to make a light grey.
- Place the meringue mix in a largepiping bagand pipe over the templates. Bake for 20 mins then reduce the heat to 100C/80C fan/gas 1/4 and cook for a further hour or until completely dry. Leave to cool thoroughly in the oven.
- To create the storm cloud lollies, pipe stiff royal icing on the meringue, just around the edge, then add a little more to secure the stick. Fill the inside of the piped area with coloured sprinkles of your choice. Add the lolly stick to the cloud, over the icing, then sandwich the other meringue over the top to enclose the sprinkles and the top of the lolly stick. Leave to dry completely for about 3 hours or overnight.
Kids’ baking recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has egg whites, white caster sugar, food colouring gel, royal icing, coloured sprinkles, lolly sticks and cloud template.Add to Favourites