- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 430
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
Cod with bacon, lettuce & peas
- sunflower-oil - 2 tsp sunflower oil
- streaky-bacon - 2 rashers rindless smoked streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- shallot - 1 long shallot or small onion, very finely sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- cod - 2 x 140g/5oz thick skinless cod fillets
- frozen-pea - 140g frozen pea
- chicken-stock - 200ml chicken stock, fresh or made with 1/2 cube
- little-gem-lettuce - 2 Little Gem lettuces, thickly shredded
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- bread - 2 thick slices crusty wholegrain bread, to serve
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium non-stick frying pan. Add the bacon, shallot or onion, and garlic. Cook gently, stirring, for 2 mins, then push to one side of the pan.
- Season the cod with ground black pepper. Fry in the pan for 2 mins, then turn over. Add the peas and stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook over a medium heat for a further 2 mins, then add the lettuce and creme fraiche. Cook for a couple mins more, stirring the vegetables occasionally, until the fish is just cooked and the lettuce has wilted. Serve with bread to mop up the broth.
Low-carb recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, streaky bacon, shallot, garlic clove, cod, frozen pea, chicken stock, little gem lettuce, crème fraîche and bread.