- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 457
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Sugar Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Courgette loaf cake
- butter - butter, for the tin
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- vegetable-oil - 125ml vegetable oil
- brown-sugar - 85g soft brown sugar
- courgette - 350g courgette, coarsely grated
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- plain-flour - 300g plain flour
- cinnamon - 2 tsp cinnamon
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- walnut - 85g walnut, roughly chopped
- sultana - 140g sultana
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and sugar, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin. Bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, then serve, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Garden glut cake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, large egg, vegetable oil, brown sugar, courgette, vanilla extract, plain flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, walnut and sultana.