- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 272
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- courgette - 50g courgette, cut into chunks
- apple - 1 apple, peeled and quartered
- orange - 1 orange, halved
- egg - 1 egg
- butter - 75g butter, melted
- self-raising-flour - 300g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- golden-caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- sultana - handful of sultanas
- soft-cheese - 1 tub soft cheese mixed with 3 tbsp icing sugar, to make icing
- Brush the muffin tin with oil.Ask your grown-up helperto switch the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/gas 5.
- Grate the courgettes and put them in a large bowl. Grate the apple and add to the bowl. Squeeze the orange and add the juice to the bowl.
- Break the egg into a bowl; if any bits of shell get in, scoop them out with a spoon. Stir the butter and egg into the courgette and apple mix.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl. Add the sugar and sultanas.
- Mix with a spoon until everything is combined, but don't worry if it is lumpy.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin.Ask your helperto put it in the oven and cook for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tin, then spread some icing on each.
Muffin recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has courgette, apple, orange, egg, butter, self-raising flour, baking powder, cinnamon, golden caster sugar, sultana and soft cheese.