- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 - 10 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 605
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 49g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 1.69g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Crab & ginger tart with a chilli dressing Recipe
Quiche recipe for 8 - 10 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has shortcrust pastry, root ginger, parsley, sunflower oil, crabmeat, egg, creme fraiche, spring onion, lime, red chilli, light soy sauce, sunflower oil and golden caster sugar.
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Spring Onion - 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Egg - 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- Parsley - 20g pack fresh parsley, preferably flat leaf
- Lime - 1 lime, juice only
- Creme Fraiche - 300ml creme fraiche
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Root Ginger - 10cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- Golden Caster Sugar - 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Shortcrust Pastry - 500g pack shortcrust pastry
- Crabmeat - 250g fresh white crabmeat
- Light Soy Sauce - 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to 5mm thickness and use to line a 25cm loose-bottom shallow tart tin. Cover and chill for 15 mins.
- Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10-15 mins until dry to touch, but not coloured. Remove the paper and beans and return the pastry case to the oven for a further 3-5 mins until it is just cooked. Reduce the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- In a small food processor, blend the ginger with the parsley and 2 tbsp of sunflower oil to a coarse paste. Spread over the base of the tart case. Scatter the crab meat over the ginger paste. Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks with the creme fraiche, then season. Put the tart tin on a baking sheet and pour in the egg mixture. Return the tart to the oven for 30-35 mins or until just set.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the onions, lime juice, chilli, soy sauce, sunflower oil and sugar with 1 tbsp water. Serve the tart warm with a drizzling of dressing.