- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 26g
Creamy beetroot curry Recipe
Creamy beetroot curry is a Indian recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion and mustard seed.
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Onion - 2 onions, very finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- Natural Yogurt - 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- Beetroot - 1kg (peeled weight) raw beetroot, peeled, halved and thickly sliced
- Ground Almond - 3 tbsp ground almond
- Basmati Rice - basmati rice, to serve (optional)
- Mustard Seed - 2 tsp yellow mustard seed
- Madras Curry Paste - 3 tbsp Madras curry paste
- Green Chilli - 1 green chilli, halved lengthways
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pan, stir in the onions and cook for 8 mins until soft. Tip in the mustard seeds and cook for 1 min until toasted. Stir through the curry paste and sizzle for 3 mins.
- Mix the beetroot through the spicy onions, then add the chilli, tomatoes and 2 cans of water. Cover and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, until the beetroot is tender. Remove the lid, turn up the heat and cook until the sauce is thick.
- Take off the heat, then stir through the almonds, yogurt and some seasoning. Top with yogurt and serve with basmati rice, if you like.