- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 833
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Fat Content: 60g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Creamy fish & leek pie Recipe
Creamy fish & leek pie is a Pie recipe for 4-6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has potato, double cream and milk.
- Parmesan - 50g grated parmesan
- Milk - 50ml milk
- Cheddar - 50g grated cheddar
- Lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- Butter - 100g butter
- Mustard - 1 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Potato - 1 1/2 kg Rooster or Maris Piper potatoes, unpeeled
- Salmon - 125g skinless salmon, cut into large chunks
- Leek - 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- Prawns - 125g raw king prawns
- Double Cream - 200ml double cream
- Haddock - 125g skinless smoked haddock, cut into large chunks
- Chives - 1/2 small bunch chives, chopped
- Dry Vermouth - 100ml dry white wine or dry vermouth
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick each potato a few times with a knife (to prevent them from bursting) and bake on abaking trayfor 1 hr-1 hr 30 mins or until soft when pressed. Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash it with a fork or ricer. Save the skins for another day. While the potato is still hot, mix in the cream and milk to make a smooth mash, season and set aside.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the fish pie mix. Put a largefrying panon a medium heat. Melt the butter and cook the leeks slowly for 10 mins until they are sweet and tender, then season and add the nutmeg. Stir in the mustard, then pour in the wine and reduce until there is almost no wine left. Pour in the cream and simmer for about 10 mins until reduced by half. Remove from the heat, and add the chives along with the lemon juice and zest. Taste for seasoning.
- Stir the haddock, salmon and prawns into the creamed leeks and transfer to a medium baking dish, then top with the mashed potato, smooth over to cover the fish, and scatter over the cheeses. Bake for 25-30 mins until the cheese has turned golden brown.