- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 249
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Crispy chocolate fridge cake
- dark-chocolate - 300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- butter - 100g butter, diced
- golden-syrup - 140g golden syrup
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- biscuit - 200g biscuit, roughly chopped
- sultana - 100g sultana
- rice-krispies - 85g Rice Krispies
- egg - 100-140g mini eggs (optional)
- white-chocolate - 50g white chocolate, melted
- Line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth and glossy. Add the vanilla, biscuits, sultanas and Rice Krispies, and mix well until everything is coated.
- Tip the mixture into the tin, then flatten it down with the back of a spoon. Press in some mini eggs, if using, and put in the fridge until set. When hard, drizzle all over with the melted white chocolate and set again before cutting into chunks.
Easter kids’ recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has dark chocolate, butter, golden syrup, vanilla extract, biscuit, sultana, rice krispies, egg and white chocolate.