- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 409
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.13g
Crunchy granola with berries & cherries
- mixed-nut - 175g mixed nuts (pecan halves and peanuts in their red skins)
- oats - 450g rolled oats
- sesame - 50g sesame seeds
- sunflower-seed - 50g sunflower seeds
- sunflower-oil - 125ml sunflower oil
- honey - 100ml runny honey (try one of the lightly flavoured flower ones)
- cherry - half a 170g packet dried berries and cherry
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5/fan oven 170C. Halve some of the pecans, leave some whole. Mix with peanuts, oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. In a jug, measure the oil and pour into the mixture, then measure the honey - it will slide out easily. Stir together with a fork to break up any big clumps of oats.
- Pour on to a large baking tray with sides, preferably non-stick, in a thin layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring well at least twice and bringing the mixture in from the edges, until it is golden. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Mix in the berries and cherries and serve with plenty of chilled milk.
- Store for up to 1 month in airtight container.
Marathon recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has mixed nut, oats, sesame, sunflower seed, sunflower oil, honey and cherry.Add to Favourites