- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 306
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Cumin & onion marinated beef Recipe
Cumin & onion marinated beef is a Quick summer recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has steak, worcestershire sauce and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Onion - 1 small onion, grated
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Lime - juice 2 limes
- Cumin Seed - 1 tbsp cumin seed
- Worcestershire Sauce - 2 tbsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Steak - 1kg thick bavette or onglet steak, see tip below
- Cut the steak into 6 or 7 chunks. In a small bowl, mix together the Worcestershire, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, spices, onion and olive oil. Season meat well on both sides, then place in a flat non-metallic dish or baking tray. Cover with the marinade and chill for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature 1 hr before grilling.
- Heat an outdoor grill or griddle pan until very hot. Pat the meat dry and drizzle with a little more oil, then season. Thread 2 thin metal skewers through 2 of the steaks and repeat with the others. Grill for 3-4 mins on one side, then turn over and repeat. Let the beef skewers rest under foil for 10 mins, then slice and serve with the sauces (see 'goes well with', right).