- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 0.4g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 34g
Cupcake recipe Recipe
Cupcake recipe for 12 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, egg, vanilla extract, self-raising flour, butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, milk and food colouring paste.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Using an electricwhiskbeat 110g softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy then whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 110g self-raising flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on awire rack.
- To make the buttercream, whisk 150g softened butter until super soft then add 300g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth (start off slowly to avoid an icing sugar cloud) then beat in 3 tbsp milk.
- If wanting to colour, stir in the food colouring now. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.