- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 150
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.35g
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- red-chilli - 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- clove - 1 clove
- cinnamon-stick - 1 small cinnamon stick
- bay-leaf - 1 bay leaf
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- ground-turmeric - 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- tomato - 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- coriander - 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Fry the cumin, chillies, clove, cinnamon and bay leaf together until the cumin starts to crackle. Tip in the onion, turmeric and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 mins until starting to soften, then add the garlic.
- Continue cooking 4-5 mins until the onion is soft, then add chickpeas, paprika, black pepper and ground coriander. Give everything a good stir so the chickpeas are well coated in the spices.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp water. Cook on a medium heat until tomatoes are soft and the sauce is thick and pulpy. Take off the heat and sprinkle on the coriander.
Indian recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, cumin seed, red chilli, clove, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, onion, ground turmeric, garlic clove, chickpea, paprika, ground coriander, tomato and coriander.