- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 560
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Curried prawn & green bean pie
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely sliced
- plain-flour - 40g plain flour
- curry-paste - 3 tbsp medium curry paste
- milk - 600ml milk
- green-bean - 150g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- potato - 1.2kg Maris Piper potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- turmeric - 1 heaped tsp turmeric
- nigella-seeds - 1 tsp nigella seeds
- prawn - 300g raw king prawns
- coriander - 1/2 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a mediumsaucepan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and fry over a medium heat for 8 mins, or until the onions turn golden and sticky. Stir the flour and curry paste into the onions and cook for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and quicklywhiskthrough the milk in several additions to make a thick sauce.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 1 min, then scoop out with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the potatoes to the water and cook for 5-6 mins or until you can easily insert a cutlery knife into them. Drain and mash. Stir through the remaining oil, turmeric and nigella seeds, then season to taste.
- Add the prawns and green beans to the sauce. Bring to a simmer and quickly remove from the heat. Stir through the coriander and creme fraiche and season to taste.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Spoon the mixture into a medium heatproof dish. Spread over the mashed potato and grill for 4-5 mins or until golden and bubbling.
Pie recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, plain flour, curry paste, milk, green bean, potato, turmeric, nigella seeds, prawn, coriander and crème fraîche.Add to Favourites