- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Curried spinach & lentil soup
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-powder - 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- cumin-seeds - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- curry-powder - 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- lentils - 160g dried brown lentils
- veg-stock - 1.2l low-salt veg stock
- coriander - large bunch coriander
- cashew-nuts - 30g unsalted cashew nuts, toasted
- lemon - 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- spinach - 500g spinach
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 8 mins until soft and translucent. Stir in half the garlic, the chilli, cumin and curry powder and cook for 1 min more. Add the lentils and stock, then cover and simmer for 30 mins over a medium-low heat.
- Put the coriander, remaining oil and garlic, the cashews and lemon zest in afood processorand blitz with 1-2 tbsp water until semi-smooth. Spoon the chutney into a bowl and set aside.
- Stir the spinach into the soup and cook for 5 mins, or until wilted. Tip half the soup into ablenderand blitz until smooth, then return this to the pan. Stir through lemon juice to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with generous dollops of the cashew chutney.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onion, garlic clove, chilli powder, cumin seeds, curry powder, lentils, veg stock, coriander, cashew nuts, lemon and spinach.