- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 437
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Sugar Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.14g
Dark mocha torte
- chocolate - 175g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- butter - 100g unsalted butter, room temperature
- caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- egg - 2 eggs plus 1 yolk, lightly beaten
- hazelnut - 85g ground toasted hazelnut
- flour - 25g plain flour
- coffee - 2 tbsp strong espresso coffee
- flour - 175g plain flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- cocoa-powder - 50g cocoa powder
- icing-sugar - 50g icing sugar
- butter - 140g unsalted butter, diced
- egg - 3 egg yolks
- creme-fraiche - creme fraiche or whipping cream, to serve
- first make the pastry. sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and icing sugar into a bowl. Rub in butter until crumbly. Quickly mix in the eggs until everything comes together with the blade of a knife. Wrap in cling film. Chill for 30 mins. Roll out pastry and line a 21cm fluted loose-bottom tart tin. Chill for 20 mins. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- line the pastry case with parchment paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15 mins. Remove beans and cook for a further 5 mins. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- To make the filling, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on High for 1-2 mins, then cool. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs, yolk, nuts and flour. Fold in the chocolate and coffee, pour into the case and bake for 25-30 mins, until crumbs cling to an inserted skewer (the middle of the torte won't have set completely; it will continue to firm up out of the oven). Serve cut into thin slices, topped with creme fraiche or cream.
Coffee recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chocolate, butter, caster sugar, egg, hazelnut, flour, coffee, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, icing sugar, butter, egg and crème fraîche.