- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 9g
Double bean & roasted pepper chilli Recipe
Double bean & roasted pepper chilli is a Vegetarian chilli recipe for 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has onion, celery stick and pepper.
- Kidney Bean - 3 x 400g cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped Tomatoes - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Onion - 2 onions, chopped
- Pepper - 2 yellow or orange peppers, finely chopped
- Oregano - 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Ground Cumin - 2 tbsp ground cumin
- Sweet Smoked Paprika - 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- Black Beans - 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Refried Bean - 400g can refried beans
- Celery Stick - 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chipotle Paste - 2 tsp chipotle paste
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Roasted Red Peppers - 2 x 460g jars roasted red peppers
- Put the onions, celery and chopped peppers with the oil in your largest flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based saucepan, and fry gently over a low heat until soft but not coloured.
- Drain both jars of peppers over a bowl to catch the juices. Put a quarter of the peppers into a food processor with the chipotle paste, vinegar, cocoa, dried spices and herbs. Whizz to a puree, then stir into the softened veg and cook for a few mins.
- Add the tomatoes and refried beans with 1 can water and the reserved pepper juice. Simmer for 1 hr until thickened, smoky and the tomato chunks have broken down to a smoother sauce.
- At this stage you can cool and chill the sauce if making ahead. Otherwise add the kidney and black beans, and the remaining roasted peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces, then reheat. (This makes a large batch, so once the sauce is ready it might be easier to split it between two pans when you add the beans and peppers.) Once bubbling and the beans are hot, season to taste and serve.