- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 374
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 1.48g
Easy cheese fondue
- cider-vinegar - 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- cornflour - 1 tsp cornflour
- cheddar - 250g cheddar, grated
- gruyere - 250g gruyere, grated
- creme-fraiche - 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- bread - 4 thick slices bread, such as sourdough, chopped into chunks
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- carrot - 2 carrots, cut into batons
- pepper - 2 peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- celery - 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- salami - 200g pack mini salami or 1 thin salami cut into bite-size chunks
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the vinegar with the cornflour and place in a heatproof bowl with the cheeses. Set over a pan of boiling water. Slowly melt the cheese, stirring occasionally. When it's nearly melted, add the creme fraiche and a little black pepper, if you like. Lower the heat and keep warm.
- To make croutons, toss the bread in the oil and a little seasoning on a baking sheet, then bake for 10-15 mins until golden and crisp.
- To serve, put the cheese fondue on a large platter and arrange the croutons, veg and salamis alongside it.
Retro party recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cider vinegar, cornflour, cheddar, gruyère, crème fraîche, bread, olive oil, carrot, pepper, celery and salami.