- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 844
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Fat Content: 52g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 13g
Easy classic lasagne Recipe
Easy classic lasagne is a Family meal recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, smoked streaky bacon and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Parmesan - 50g freshly grated parmesan
- Basil Leaf - large handful basil leaves, torn (optional)
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Carrot - 1 medium carrot, grated
- Tomato Puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Mozzarella - 125g ball mozzarella, roughly torn
- Creme Fraiche - 400ml creme fraiche
- Celery - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Beef Mince - 500g beef mince
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- Lasagne - 500g pack fresh egg lasagne sheets
- Smoked Streaky Bacon - 2 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Use kitchen scissors to snip the bacon into small pieces, or use a sharp knife to chop it on a chopping board. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for just a few mins until starting to turn golden. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, then tip in the mince and cook, stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for about 6 mins until browned all over.
- Stir in the tomato puree and cook for 1 min, mixing in well with the beef and vegetables. Tip in the chopped tomatoes. Fill each can half full with water to rinse out any tomatoes left in the can, and add to the pan. Add the honey and season to taste. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. To assemble the lasagne, ladle a little of the ragu sauce into the bottom of the roasting tin or casserole dish, spreading the sauce all over the base. Place 2 sheets of lasagne on top of the sauce overlapping to make it fit, then repeat with more sauce and another layer of pasta. Repeat with a further 2 layers of sauce and pasta, finishing with a layer of pasta.
- Put the creme fraiche in a bowl and mix with 2 tbsp water to loosen it and make a smooth pourable sauce. Pour this over the top of the pasta, then top with the mozzarella. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and bake for 25-30 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve scattered with basil, if you like.