- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Easy mince pies with crunchy crumble tops
- fruit - 300g dried mixed fruit
- apricot-jam - 200g apricot jam
- brandy - 25ml brandy
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour
- butter - 100g butter, cut into cubes
- egg-yolk - 1 egg yolk
- plain-flour - 100g plain flour
- icing-sugar - 25g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- butter - 50g butter, cut into cubes
- almond - 50g whole almond, roughly chopped
- Put the dried fruit and jam in a small pan, heat until melted together, then stir in the brandy and cool. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- For the pastry, set aside 2 tbsp flour and put the rest plus the butter in a food processor. Whizz until there are no lumps of butter. Pulse in the egg yolk, followed by a tbsp of water at a time, until the dough comes together - you'll probably need 2 tbsp. (If you don't have a food processor, rub butter into the flour with your fingers, then stir in the yolk and water with a round-bladed knife.) Use the reserved flour to roll out the pastry to just over the thickness of a PS1 coin. Stamp circles with an 8cm cutter and press into holes of a bun tin - you should get 15 from re-rolling the trimmings.
- Divide the fruit amongst the pies, then bake for 5 mins while you rub together all the crumble ingredients with your fingers. Top each pie with crumble, then return to the oven for 15 mins until pastry and crumble are golden. Eat warm or cold dusted with icing sugar.
Mince pies recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 22 mins; recipe has fruit, apricot jam, brandy, plain flour, butter, egg yolk, plain flour, icing sugar, butter and almond.