- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.14g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Egyptian courgettes with dukkah sprinkle Recipe
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onions, ground coriander, smoked paprika, chopped tomatoes, vegetable bouillon powder, courgettes, butter beans, cherry tomatoes, frozen peas, coriander, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and flaked almonds.
- Chopped Tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Coriander - 15g coriander, chopped
- Smoked Paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Cherry Tomatoes - 180g cherry tomatoes
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Frozen Peas - 160g frozen peas
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Ground Coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- Onions - 2 onions, halved and sliced
- Flaked Almonds - 25g flaked almonds
- Vegetable Bouillon Powder - 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Butter Beans - 400g can butter beans, drained
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Courgettes - 2 large courgettes, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions for 5 mins, stirring occasionally until starting to colour. Stir in the ground coriander and paprika, then tip in the tomatoes with a can of water. Add the bouillon powder and courgettes, cover and cook for 6 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the dukkah. Warm the whole spices, sesame seeds and almonds in a pan until aromatic, stirring frequently, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the butter beans, tomatoes and peas to the courgettes, cover and cook for 5 mins more. Stir in the coriander, then spoon into bowls. Crush the spices and almonds using a pestle and mortar and scatter on top. If you're cooking for two people, put half the seed mix in a jar and chill half the veg for another day.