- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.14g
Egyptian courgettes with dukkah sprinkle
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onions - 2 onions, halved and sliced
- ground-coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- chopped-tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- vegetable-bouillon-powder - 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- courgettes - 2 large courgettes, sliced
- butter-beans - 400g can butter beans, drained
- cherry-tomatoes - 180g cherry tomatoes
- frozen-peas - 160g frozen peas
- coriander - 15g coriander, chopped
- coriander-seeds - 1 tsp coriander seeds
- cumin-seeds - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- sesame-seeds - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- flaked-almonds - 25g flaked almonds
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions for 5 mins, stirring occasionally until starting to colour. Stir in the ground coriander and paprika, then tip in the tomatoes with a can of water. Add the bouillon powder and courgettes, cover and cook for 6 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the dukkah. Warm the whole spices, sesame seeds and almonds in a pan until aromatic, stirring frequently, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the butter beans, tomatoes and peas to the courgettes, cover and cook for 5 mins more. Stir in the coriander, then spoon into bowls. Crush the spices and almonds using a pestle and mortar and scatter on top. If you're cooking for two people, put half the seed mix in a jar and chill half the veg for another day.
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onions, ground coriander, smoked paprika, chopped tomatoes, vegetable bouillon powder, courgettes, butter beans, cherry tomatoes, frozen peas, coriander, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and flaked almonds.